Tuesday, June 1, 2010

We saw The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo earlier this evening, at the State Theatre downtown...Enjoyed it very much, though the theatre itself was terribly uncomfortable--not sure what I'm supposed to do with my knees in this type of venue, with such narrow aisles...Luckily, the picture was so fascinating I did not dwell upon the trauma the proceeding seat was inflicting upon my limbs...

I am currently watching The Verdict--not the Paul Newman/Sidney Lumet flick from the 80s, but the Lorre & Greenstreet film noir, from 1946...A film that easily could've been done by Lewton...And along with The Mask of Dimitrios and Three Strangers, the best of the films they starred in together...Any scene featuring them both cannot fail to entertain--they were each among the finest character actors ever...And their combined chemistry made them even better...

No comments:

Post a Comment